Thursday, August 11, 2011

Work

I had a job interview this week. It wasn't actually a job I had been seeking, because I've been pretty happy with the jobs I have. But I was so surprised to get the call that I said I would go interview and then it seemed like it wouldn't hurt.

I'm still up in the air about how I feel about it. My husband has been very supportive of me sticking with my part-time jobs, even now that full-time jobs are opening up, because I really like where I work now. But he was really excited about the possibility of me having a full-time position. It got me thinking about the difference between having jobs for money and having them because you love what you do.

I've been really lucky to always have positions where I do love what I do, even though lately it's been difficult to make ends meet. I know a lot of people who work for the money and tolerate their job, but it's important to me that I'm doing something that is really satisfying to me. So, even though it would be nice having a full-time position again, I might just stick with positions that are actually satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment