Monday, August 1, 2011

Thank goodness I'm married

While my husband and I were still dating (but starting to talk/think about marriage) I came home with the news that I was definitely being laid off. His first reaction was to ask if I needed him to get a second job. That's when I knew I could always trust him to do everything he could to take care of our family.

I didn't ask him to get that second job, but boy am I thankful for the job that he has. Whenever he apologizes for having to work late (our first Valentine's day as a married couple, I brought food to his work because he had to work on something) I just remember how lucky we are he has a job, and it's hard to be mad after that.

Plus, nothing can replace the comfort of being in it together, and knowing that this isn't just my struggle. There's someone to talk to or be upset with, or pray with about everything.

There's one more important reason I'm glad I'm married through all this: it made it easier to stay where I am and keep working on being independent. Otherwise, I might have felt pressured to move back with my parents and work for my father's business, but I love being more autonomous.

What about you? What are the comforts and frustrations you've found being married and trying to manage your money?

No comments:

Post a Comment